Pages

Wednesday 21 December 2016

Weekly Activities/ Day 6/ Activity 1/ week 2

Week 2: Culture, Customs and Climate
This week you will be introduced to life in a new country. You will learn about the language, weather, family structure and school system in that country. You will then be invited to create and share your blogs with people currently living in each of these countries! To get started, take a look at the activities for Day 6 – Hola!
Day 6 – Hola!
Kia ora! G’day! Selamat! Guten Morgen! Hola! Welcome to the beautiful country of your choice. Before you leave the airport and go to your hotel, you will want to learn how to say hello in the language of your country. Look at the table below to learn basic words and phrases that you may need when you are travelling around the country.
English
Canada, United Kingdom, Australia
Spanish
Chile, Mexico
German
Germany
Malay
Malaysia
Japanese
Japan
Arabic
United Arab Emirates
Afrikaans
South Africa
Hello
Hola
Hallo
Hello
Kon'nichiwa
Marhabaan
Hallo
Thank You
Gracias
Danke
Terima kasih
Arigatogozaimas
Shukraan
Dankie
Do you speak English?
¿Habla usted Inglés?
Sprechen sie Englisch?
Adakah anda bercakap Bahasa Inggeris?
Eigo o hanasemasu ka?
Hal tatahaddath alanjlyzy?
Praat jy Engels?

Activity 1
Once you have read these phrases you will be ready to leave the airport and head to your hotel. Take a moment and imagine how you might feel if you were standing in the airport in a foreign country and you had to figure out how to communicate with people in a brand new language. Would you be scared? Would you feel confident? Write a short poem that describes how you might be feeling (i.e. excited, happy, scared, nervous, etc).

My Poem: hope you like it:)

The plane is going to take off,  ready to fly
I can feel the excitement running down my spine
I was really nervous, my stomach was filled with butterfly
I thought to myself  ‘ don’t worry I’ll be just fine
I closed my eyes, breathed in and out
The plane was in the air
I was so scared, this was not going to workout














2 comments:

  1. Hey Von
    What a awesome poem. I couldn't have thought of something that good. Nice job.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Von,

      I completely agree with Daniel. This is really original and very well written. I feel as though I understand exactly how you are feeling about your big trip overseas. You've captured the feelings o nervousness and trepidation so well.

      Awesome.

      Rachel :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.