Pages

Tuesday 20 December 2016

Weekly Activities/ Day 5/ Activity 1


Day 5 – Boarding the Plane
It’s the big day! You’re about to hop on an airplane and travel to a new country. Curious Kiwi will keep you company on the journey. Unfortunately, Curious Kiwi forgot his book and he is worried that he’ll get bored on the long flight without anything to read. He asks you for some help…
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Children's book image II.jpgC:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Children's book image.jpgC:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Children's book image III.jpg
Activity 1
Think about all of the books that you have read this year and recommend one for Curious Kiwi to read. On your blog list the title and author of the book and then provide a short description of it. What is the book about?

Title: The Girl Who Wasn’t there
Author: Karen McCombie
This book was about a girl named Maisie.
She goes to a new school where she heard rumours about the long gone girl who wanders around the school hall.

Maisie has no friends until she becomes friends with Kat and have lots of fun together. Next Maisie finds out that Kat her friend is unseen. A ghost. A ghost that Maisie herself can only see but for the kids at her school they can not very well see Kat. Then  Marie helps Kat to find out information of how Kat had died.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Von,
    Love the book that you choose, remember I gave you my book to read?! Thats the one aye? Okay have a great holiday and a merry xmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lusia,

    Actually it's not, this book was from Kalo... The book you gave me, I already gave it back to you:)

    Thanks for leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, like I meant the book I gave it to you to read was that book.

      Delete
  3. Hi Von,

    I really enjoyed reading the synopsis that you provided for your book of choice (The Girl Who Wasn't There). It sounds like a really interesting story. I, too, wonder what happened to Kat and why it is that she's wandering around the school so many years after her death.

    It sounds like it could be a little bit frightening. Did you find it scary or hard to read?

    Thanks so much for telling us about this book, Von. I am positive that Curious Kiwi will love it. (He's a bit braver than I am when it comes to reading mystery books)!

    Wishing you and your family a very happy new years. I hope that you are able to celebrate the end of 2016 together. I am just about to head out to dinner with my son and I can't wait to watch the fireworks together!

    See you in the new year :)

    Rachel


    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel,

    Actually the book was not that scary, and to be honest I couldn't help it I never wanted to put the book down when it was bed time.

    Thanks for the comment and, and yes indeed I will celebrate the end of 2016! Lucky you're going to see the fireworks with your son I wish I could come and see the fireworks.

    Cheers,
    Von

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Von!

      Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The fireworks were pretty good but we went to see them from the north shore of Auckland and the view wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. Apparently, the best place to see the fireworks was from downtown Auckland. I'll do my best to go there next year and take some pictures so that I can post them on our Summer Learning Journey site!

      Aronui enjoyed the fireworks, too, although he did get a little bit scared. They can be pretty loud!

      Speaking of getting scared, I'm relieved to read that 'The Girl Who Wasn't There' wasn't too scary. I will definitely encourage Curious Kiwi to read it and, when Aronui is old enough, I'll encourage him to read it too!

      Thanks for the suggestion, Von.

      Wishing you a great start to 2017!

      Cheers,
      Rachel :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Von
    That book sounds so interesting! I really want to read it now. Keep up the good work!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Von,

    I agree with the others here, I think that book sounds really interesting! You've given such a detailed and intriguing description of the book... I want to go out and read it for myself!

    Did you read this book with your class this year, or did you find this one yourself? I love finding new, interesting books to read. I was lucky enough to find a bit of time this summer to catch up on my reading which was really fun! One of them was by my favourite author Bryce Courtenay - have you ever read one of his books before?

    Was this book your favourite one you read in 2016? I almost wrote this year, before realising it's 2017 now! Wow, I hope you have been having a fun holiday.

    Cheers :-)
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.