Pages

Tuesday 27 December 2016

Weekly Activities/ Day 10/ Activity 1/ Week 2

Activity 1
Think about your school and what you typically do in a day. Compare it with the diary from the German student. What is similar? What is different? In your blog, tell us:
  1. Whether you would rather go to school in New Zealand or in Germany
  2. Why you feel that way
Time:
Monday
Reflection:
9.00 - 9.30
Music
Music as usual
9.30 - 10.00
Spelling
Spelling out the words from the spelling list
10.00- 10.30
Religious Education
Working on R.E
10.30 - 10.50
MORNING TEA BREAK

10.50 - 11.00
Class Prayer
Our class always have class prayer after morning tea.
11.00 - 12.30
Reading/ Writing
Working on reading or writing.
12.30-12.50
Inquiry Learning
Working in groups on our Profile Project
12.50 - 1.30
LUNCH BREAK

1.30 - 2.00
Reading to Maths
I’m finish with my reading, so I move on to my maths
2.00 - 2.30
Maths
Maths =  15 min on Mathletics  than = 10 min on Mathisfun
2.30 - 2. 45
Home time

Pack Up. Netbooks in the cupboard and tidy the classroom.

I have 3 differences of these 2 timetable/diary and I only have 1  thing that is similar  between these 2 timetable/ diary.

DIFFERENCES:
  1. In my class, we have a reflection to write about for each subject and that German does not have Reflection in their diary.
  2. Germany have their Breaks earlier than our school SPX.
  3. In my class we don’t do Science, Physical Education, history, German or French.

SIMILAR:
What’s similar to these two diary/ timetable is that  they both have the time for each subject.
Whether you would rather go to school in New Zealand or in Germany?
I would go to school in New Zealand because It would be hard to understand and learn German language.

Why do you feel that way?
I feel that way because I always thought that German people are strict about speaking in their language perfectly.  Learning their language is a great idea! It’s just that... I’m too scared to learn their language because if I messed up and said  something wrong in German….. I always think that I would get a growling from a German teacher or I get send home.       
Time
Day 1
Day 2
8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
Math
German
8:45 – 9:30 a.m.
History
Religion
9:30 - 9:40 a.m.
Break
Break
9:40 -10:25 a.m.
English
Music
10:25-11:10 a.m.
English
French
11:10-11:30 p.m.
Break
Break
11:30 – 12:15 p.m.
Art
Physical Education
12:15- 1:00 p.m.
Science
Science

3 comments:

  1. Wow Great Job Von!
    I really liked your timetable! Keep continuously doing the great work you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Von
    Great to see you haven't forgotten your timetable yet. Keep up the awesome work!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Von,

    I really like the way that you have posted both schedules, listed the similarities and differences between the two systems and then carefully considered your options before describing your choice. There certainly are significant differences in the two systems and I can understand that it would be scary to learn a new language. I can assure you that the German teachers would do their best to support your learning and would be very unlikely to get grumpy or send you home!

    I had the chance to teach in a few different countries over the past few years and we were always really patient and understanding if we had a new student in the class who didn't speak the native language. I'm sure that Germany would be the same :)

    Having said that, I'm really happy that you are content with the NZ system. I think that we're actually really lucky to be able to go to school in such a safe, beautiful place. Many other children don't have access to schools like we do :)

    Speaking of schools, I hope that you're getting excited to return to St Pius X soon. The 2017 school year is almost upon us :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.