Pages

Friday 27 May 2016

EXPLORING SPARK HEAD OFFICE !

Exploring Spark !














Okay we are taking off now, I was full of excitement. We are off to the Spark Head Office. I did not care what we will do there but I was excited about going on a school trip on a Sunday.  I woke up and got ready to go to school.  An unusual day to go to school.  I normally go to church on Sundays.

We have arrived at Spark Head Office in town!  It took us about 30 minutes on the bus.  Wow! There were children everywhere.   Children were from different schools around Auckland.   I wondered what  we were going to do at this massive place.  I was amazed how big the Spark Head Office was.

We were greeted by a lady from Spark and were told to get into 5 groups.  We were given different wristband colours. We were mixed with students from other schools.  
I was in the yellow group.  We were sent to the Sciences for our first workshop. It was amazing to see what happened when we mix milk, paint and dish detergent liquid.  It was like a miracle. The liquid turned white.  I wonder where the colours went!

I had to do robotic, unmaking, scratch programming and 3D printing.  It was an amazing experience.  I knew scratch as I was doing some work on it at school but I still learnt some great things when I was at Spark Head office.
My favourite activity was the robotic.  I enjoyed setting the program on the computer and it linked to my robot to make it move.  I feel I can do this at school if I have the robot and the program.  I would like to learn more about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.