Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Weekly Activities /Day 13/ Bonus Activity / Week 3


Bonus Activity
There are literally dozens of different types (‘genres’) of music in the world, including classical, rock ‘n roll, Rhythm & Blues (R&B), pop, hip hop, rap, jazz, etc. Some musicians play on their own and some play as part of a band. Arguably, the most influential band of all time is The Beatles. They were a rock band from Liverpool, England.
Dozens of movies have been made about the band. The most recent was a documentary called ‘The Beatles: 8 Days a Week – The Touring Years.’ Watch the trailer for this movie.
After you have finished, tell us two things that you learned about the Beatles from watching this trailer. They can be any two interesting facts!
First of all I’ve learnt that: The Beatles band keeps themselves safe from their fans because for their love of music. This Happen because  of all their fans. Their Fans couldn’t help screaming and shouting  when they see The Beatles for real Life, no offence but they really got out of hand! Especially the girls. It was absolutely shocking when a huge number of girls fights through the guards to meet the Beatles as they walked past them.. Yeah.. That part I think it was a disaster  it gave me the shivers when it came up on the video.
Secondly I have also learnt: that the Beatles looks out for each other and helps each other out.  I like their music and it’s amazing how they sing. Anyways my = 2 interesting facts about The Beatles  is that they have the same hairstyle which is cool because I always thought they were brothers but it turns it it was only the hairstyles that makes them look alike.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Von
    It's great to know that the Beatles looked out for each other and probably helped each other out. Great work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Von,

    I must admit that I sometimes have trouble telling a few of The Beatles apart as well. They really did have similar haircuts and similar looks didn't they? I really like it that they stuck together and did their best to support each other throughout their 10 years together. They did encounter some tough times towards the end up they were quite close for much of the 1960s.

    After watching the trailer for the documentary, do you think that you would sit down and watch the entire documentary? It is about an hour and a half in length. I watched it with my partner, Andy, and I enjoyed it. It taught me even more about the band and shone light on things that I didn't already know about them as people and as musicians.

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.